Water damage restoration
If your washing machine or bath overflows, a pipe bursts or storm water floods your home, water damage restoration procedures must be followed.
Unfortunately, it is not as simple as just sucking up the water, cleaning the carpet and letting the area dry naturally. It's not the wet carpet that is the main concern, but the underlay along with the wood or concrete floor that needs to be dried.
If the underlay is not dried or replaced you will end up with mould and odour problems.
Our procedure for wet carpet is as follows:
- A callout to the premises and the extraction of water, using powerful vacuum extraction machinery.
- Apply an anti-mould treatment to carpet.
- Move furniture to avoid further damage.
- Lift corner of carpet and inspect for damage underneath.
- Install drying equipment, such as air movers and dehumidifiers, and leave these on site until area is dry.
- Call back to premises on a daily basis to the check drying progress.
- When dry, re-lay carpet and underlay.
- On completion of restoration, steam clean and deodorise carpet.